VERRUTOP VERRUCA TREATMENT
With a Podiatrist £48 - 15 MINUTES
With a Foot Health Practitioner £45 - 15 MINUTES
(£15 surcharge included in price for the specialist treatment product)
Verrutop is a new class of treatment for warts and verrucae.
Whilst Verrutop is a combination of organic and inorganic acids, the acid base is not designed to either burn or stimulate an immune response but to create the production of nitrite on the wart or verruca which produces a desiccating effect, drying up the wart tissue and reducing residual viral DNA. The verruca just dries up and falls off, leaving an intact epithelium underneath.
It is applied by a capillary tube at 2-weekly intervals and clinical studies show a clearance rate of around 40% with a single application and up to 90% after 6 applications.
As it is virtually pain-free, it can be used in children as young as 6 years of age.
Contra-indications are relatively straight-forward and logical:
• Don’t use on healthy skin or mucous membranes, on malignant tumours, flat warts or freckles or keloids
• Don’t use on children under 6 years of age
• On women who are pregnant or breast feeding
• On cases of arteriopathy or peripheral neuropathies such as in some diabetics where sensory activity is significantly diminished
• Don't use at the same time as treatment with other wart removers