Essex's Comprehensive Podiatry and Chiropody Service
Welcome to The Footstop
(16th October 2020)
Foot Stop is open for business as normal and we are able to see all patients even if they are shielding. This will continue even if the virus threat level gets raised to tier 2 or tier 3. If you unsure whether to book an appointment please contact our reception team to discuss your concerns.
The Footstops' steps to reduce the risk of spreading coronavirus
The Footstop has spaced appointments apart so that you will not come into contact with other patients and the clinic is thoroughly cleaned between every appointment. The Podiatrist or FHP will be in full PPE (mask, apron and gloves) and there will be a Perspex screen between you and the podiatrist. All staff members check their temperature at the start of every shift to ensure they are well before starting their shift.
Instructions for Patients
1. Please bring a mask or face covering with you to wear during the appointment
2. If you, or anyone in your household develop any symptoms of the coronavirus (cough, fever, loss of taste and smell) then please call to cancel your appointment. You will not incur a cancellation charge.
3. Please arrive on time; do not arrive early as the waiting room is now closed and you will have to wait outside until the time of your appointment.
4. Do not arrive late as we have to stick to a very strict timing procedure. If you arrive more than 10 minutes late we will refuse treatment and you will be expected to cover the cost of that appointment in full.
5. The main door will be locked, so on arrival please knock and wait patiently for the podiatrist to let you in.
6. Please sanitise your hands on arrival and before you leave the clinic.
7. Please check in using the NHS Track and Trace app using the QR code that is located in the clinic room and waiting room.
Foot Stop is a local family run business established in
Leigh-on-Sea, Essex by Mr R. M. Waddington over 30 years ago.
We are now a growing team of professionals providing a patient focused, private podiatry service with convenient appointment times; ensuring you get results and return to your optimal health.
It is not necessary to have a referral from your GP, enabling us to address your problem promptly.
(7th November 2020)
We are still open during this new period of lockdown.
As a medical practice all clients are still legally able to attend their appointments as per government guidelines. We will be wearing full PPE during the appointment and all clients are required to wear a mask. Please contact our reception team to book in.